Have you been thinking about getting a lip flip or lip filler, but not sure what’s right for you? Here’s some info that can help!…
Definition: Lip flip Botox® or Dysport® injections are used for this treatment. How do these medications work? They temporarily relax the muscle around the mouth. The result is to bring the inner part of your upper lip upward and outward, hence the “lip flip”. Cosmetically, there will be only a slight enhancement by a millimeter or so in your lips giving a natural look.
Lip Flip Treatment: Usually 4-6 injections of Botox® or Dysport® near the border of the top lip. Complete pre and post instructions will be reviewed with you.
– A subtle result
– Lip flip cost is less expensive than lip fillers
– Less invasive than lip fillers
– Lip flip for gummy smile can help reduce gum show
– May also help if your upper lip disappears when you smile
– A subtle result (in case you wanted more of a change)
– 2 weeks for full effect
– Short lasting
– One lip flip side effect can be an initial “funny” feeling of the mouth affecting how you close your mouth around a straw, or possible drooling. These side effects are temporary.
– Complete risks will be reviewed at your visit
How long does the lip flip last?: Approximately 8-12 wks
Healing time: None or minimal due to rare bruising at the lip flip injection sites
Who’s a good candidate? For those who are looking for a subtle change, less invasive option and a shorter lasting result.
Definition: Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler is a gel like substance used to plump and define our lips. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of our skin tissue which attracts water and may stimulate collagen to enhance volume.
Lip Filler Treatment: Lip filler injections are strategically placed into your lips to best match your desired look. Numbing cream will be placed prior to the procedure. There is also a numbing agent within the filler syringe itself. Lip filler types and techniques are chosen specifically for you. Complete pre and post instructions will be reviewed with you.
– Increased volume of the lip
– Can help correct an asymmetrical lip
– Increased height of the lip (aka if you have a much thinner upper lip)
– Lip filler lasts longer than the lip flip
-More invasive than the lip flip
-More costly than lip flip
-Temporary bruising and swelling
-Complete risks will be reviewed at your visit
Duration: Lip fillers may last 6-12 months.
Healing time: Lip filler swelling and bruising may last 1-2 weeks
Who’s a good candidate? Those who are looking for increased volume and/or height of their lips with a longer lasting result than than the lip flip.
Hope this helps you decide whether lip flip vs lip filler is a better option for you. Both are amazing lip enhancements! We’ll definitely go over everything at your visit. See you soon!
At the time of publication: consultation is free and the current promo is 10% off your first treatment of Botox or Dysport or $100 off per filler syringe. Promos vary over time. Always ask about our promos!
If you have more questions or would like to make an appointment, please call or text us 312-320-4050. We think you’ll love the results. See you soon!
Disclaimer: This content is intended for educational purposes only. It is not medical advice.